League Statement: Covid-19
We thank all our clubs, players & parents for your patience in this unprecedented situation we all face.
We are working with and under AFL Vic’s advise on how to proceed. We will advise of any further updates as they come to hand.
As it stands now on the evening of 13th March 2020. Our Competition’s season’s will be proceeding as planned.
Our advise to all clubs for Training & either playing or hosting Practice matches includes:
• Players should bring their own drink bottles.
• Use of changerooms/confined spaces to be limited (players could arrive dressed for play).
• Players should not shake hands or have any unnecessary body contact with each other.
• Canteen/Bar & other frequently used surfaces should be regularly cleaned.
• Canteen/Bar servers/staff to ensure safe food handling.
• Trainers to be extra vigilant.
The precautions outlined below are recommended to limit your exposure and prevent the spread of germs:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol‐based hand sanitiser
• Cover your mouth to cough or sneeze
If any club wishes to cancel any Training Sessions or Practice matches, you have our support to do so if you feel it’s best for your club.
Of course, if you are displaying symptoms that are associated with COVID-19 you should self-isolate and seek professional medical advice. Information about self-assessment for your risk of COVID-19 can be found on the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-di…
We will endeavour to keep you updated as new information comes to hand. In the meantime, please continue to look out for each other.